- An investigation of issues surrounding varying levels of Wind penetration in Scotland.
- An assessment of the potential use of Energy Storage to counter the effects of wind intermittency and variability.
An economic evaluation of future increasing levels of Wind Penetration.
An assessment of non-economic criteria, including social benefits or disbenefits.
- The Scottish Executive has targets for % of electricity generation from renewables: 18% by 2010, and 40% by 2020; These assist UK targets (10% - 2010, and 20% - 2020).
- Environmental opinion and public opinion is in favour of renewables expansion.
- However, there is a lack appreciation of the problems faced and/or costs to be incurred.
- We need to appreciate the bigger picture regarding the barriers faced.