Consultancy services to industry include modelling studies in support of design decision-making, laboratory tests to characterise the behaviour of new products, and field monitoring to determine the performance of buildings and new/renewable energy plant in use.
Issues that may be studied include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Heating, cooling, ventilation and lighting of buildings
- Energy supply and demand at the local or regional level
- Critical component sizing within hybrid energy supply systems
- Control system performance prediction
Renewable energy scheme deployments
- Grid and building-integrated systems design
- Passive technologies for demand reduction
- Natural ventilation approaches and heat recovery
- Indoor and outdoor air movement and emissions
- Advanced glazings and insulation products
- Photovoltaic components integration
- Equipment assessment (heat pumps, combined heat and power, wind turbines etc.)
Comfort and health
- Thermal, visual and acoustic
- Indoor air quality
- Daylighting and glare avoidance
- Surface and interstitial condensation
- Mould growth alleviation
Please contact us to discuss your consultancy needs.